Friday, December 5, 2008

Commuting in Cebu Goes Back To Normal with Fare Rollback - P7 for Jeepneys and No more Additional P10 for Taxis

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that the fare will be cheaper but I for one do sympathize with drivers and a few pesos will go a long way for them. I don't get the big deal on why they can't just come to an agreement on this.



I personally don't get lawyer Manuel Iway, and why the scheme can't be advantageous for drivers? Isn't business supposed to favor the the manufacturer? While of course I'm against over-charging at the same time, there should be a balance here somewhere for everybody to be able to meet half-way.


But for public consumption as an FYI -- starting December 15, the minimum jeepney fare in Cebu will be P7 for the first five kilometers. Taxis, on the other hand, are no longer allowed to collect the P10 add-on fare.


A hearing on February 18, 2009 has been set to discuss whether the current rates should be restored or scrapped.

No comments: