Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bb. Pilipinas Airhead Janina San Miguel Drops Out Of Miss World


Bb. Pilipinas candidate to Miss World, Janina San Miguel dropped out of the race. Not to say the least I am disappointed that first of all she quit.

I admit I do think she is an airhead just based on the Bb. Pilipinas pageant where she won. That was rather embarrassing and also dubious. Would you believe during the contest, Janina San Miguel said on national television:

"Well, my family’s role for me is so important b’coz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s… very… Hahahaha… Oh I’m so sorry, Ahhmm… My pamily… My family… Oh my god… I’m… Ok, I’m so sorry… I… I told you that I’m so confident… Eto, Ahhmm, Wait… Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b’coz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the tough 10. Hmmm, so… but I said dot my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you."
I would have preferred being swallowed up by the stage at that very moment and I was just watching her. Here's the old post from Brittney-spares.blogspot.com entitled "One Of The Dumbest Answers To A Pageant Question and Answer Portion (Bb. Pilipinas 2008)"

Janina San Miguel is nevertheless very attractive which is my guess for why she won that pageant. I didn't seem fair, that's true - it made me question the way these beauty contestants are judged. These girls after all represent the Philippines, we would like them to have at least some brains and some eloquence if they are to represent the country. The Philippines already has a bad rep as it is, at the very least we should make it a point to send the best.

But given that the world is full of second chances, I was sort of "well okay" she can learn from that mistake anyway. She's young and she might still win and get the hang of it. But now she quits! Now that is just an even bigger disappointment.

Apparently her grandfather died or some such excuse made her quit. "The untimely demise of her grandfather, among other personal reasons, has caused her undue stress, thus hindering her from fulfilling her duties for the said title," the BPCI said in a statement.

I don't buy it though, there are speculations that San Miguel did not resign but was forced to do so due to her lack of abilities in representing the country. If that's the case then I'm quite sorry for Janina but happy that somebody finally put their foot down!

"In accordance with BPCI rules and regulations, 1st Runner-Up Danielle Castaño will replace Ms. San Miguel as the official Philippine representative to the Ms. World 2008 pageant,"according to a statement from the Bb. Pilipinas organizers.

Although there have been news that Danielle has a much better accent than Janina because she is supposedly Fil-American. One thing that leaves me in question though is that Castaño, however, sounded just a bit better than San Miguel when it comes to grammar. "I'm very proud that I was choosed (sic) by Mrs. Araneta."

Waaaah! It's a no-win situation

No comments: